Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Do we really need... Free Dildos and Vibrators?





I'm currently in the process of sourcing products from Alibaba - I know, I'm scum.  Fact is - it's hard to find a manufacturer in the U.S. that isn't already selling to the end user.  That's not the point of this, though.  When you're at the homepage, putting the cursor in the search bar will bring up a list of popular searches - and this most recent time something caught my eye:

Source: Screen Cap

Free Dildos and Vibrators?

Who the f*ck is searching for this?  OK, first - how dumb do you have to be to think you'll find something free on a large eCommerce platform.  Secondly, who the f*ck is trying to find free sex-toys?!?  Is it me, or does the word free in this context almost suggest: "gently used?"

Am I the only one who believes that if you're looking for an item to provide sexual pleasure, you should probably have some proverbial "skin" in the game?  And we haven't even touched on the fact that enough people are searching for this to appear in popular searches!

Another thing that pisses me off is that it completely overshadows Virgin Brazilian Hair.  Who the hell is searching for hair?  I could write endlessly about how ridiculous buying hair online is, but no.  Free dildos and vibrators had to make the list too and take all the attention.

I'm not sure how this makes me feel about continuing to search on Alibaba.  Well, not until we have one of those "sexual predators in your area" maps for people navigating the same website as you.  Although - having a service like that will undoubtedly force me to stop exploring the depths of 4chan, so it may be more of a double-edged sword.  It may be best to continue happily flying blind on the net......  for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.