Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Do we really need... A Military cover of "Call Me Maybe"?





Let me quickly get this out of the way:

Real talk...  I have nothing but respect and adoration for our military men and women, and thank every service man and woman I see either in uniform, or wearing gear with the word "vet" on it...  Real talk.

Real talk?

Yeah, I see my friend Lou using the phrase when he wants to say something serious.  However, I am not sure if you are supposed to use it before or after the "talk" you want to be "real", therefore, to get my point across, I chose both...  I would also shamelessly plug his blog right about now, but he quit working on it back in June...

Anyway, let's tear into this monstrosity!

A morale booster?

If you haven't seen it yet, you can always click here...  (Yeah, there is an advertisement.  Everyone is trying to make a friggin buck on the internet these days (click my sponsers)).  I guess some of the service members were down in the dumps, which prompted a group of them to get together and make a music video!  Sounds fun right?  Yes, if you are a company doing some team-building exercise, but our military?

Again, I am not knocking them for wanting to have a good time and boost morale, but use some discretion!  The rest of the world is already laughing at us making that God-awful song a hit in the first place, now we have members of the strongest military on the planet giving it even more f*cking attention!  Full disclosure: this blog should've been titled "Do we really need...  'Call Me Maybe'".  But then this video was posted to my Facebook, and here we are.  I thought the point of our military was to scare other countries into respecting the shit out of us?  Maybe I would've enjoyed it more if they at least had gotten "Jiggy Wit It", or "Bust"'ed "a Move"...  but "Call Me Maybe"?  Now, it would've been best if they performed one of those good dis-tracks by Tupac, and replaced all references to Biggie with the names of other countries.  Yeah, I'm going to have sex with Sweden's wife...  or something.

What do other countries do?

Well, I am sure we can take a look at other countries to see what their military's do to boost morale...  China?  I'm sure China doesn't give a flying shit if their military is happy.  As long as they know how to do everything except for land a plane.  Canada?  LOL...  England?  Again, LOL...  So where can we look?  Iraq?  I will not post a picture of what the Iraqi military does to boost morale - less some foul language, I like to maintain a family friendly blog.  I will provide a link to a video in case you would like to see it, here.  If you don't want to see it, it is an Iraqi soldier hammering knives into his skull with a rock.  You are now either glad you didn't click, wishing you didn't click, or now ready to click (I guess there really are no other possibilities).

Oh, come on!  It is ridiculous to think I am suggesting our brave young men and women start hammering knives into their skulls...  However, it would be cool if they did something a little tougher than a "Call Me Maybe" cover video.  Imagine if Osama Bin Laden recognized one of the SEALS from the video before they capped him, we wouldn't want him having that satisfaction right before he died!

What do we do?

Well, certainly not a "Call Me Maybe" cover, or anything by the Spice Girls, or that one really sad chick with the power-voice...  Miley something-or-other maybe?  If we continue down this path before you know it we'll have an arts and crafts class for our soldiers.  That can't be something anyone thinks is a good idea.

If you want to do a music video, do one of an old rap song when the music was a 24/7 murder fest.  Or, compile a video of guys taking a bunch of nut-shots.  If you do the nut-shots video, after you get out of the military, you'll be rich like the Jackass guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.