Saturday, April 28, 2012

Do we really need... Handicapped parking placards?





OK, OK...  I know... I never promised to write a blog while intoxicated again.  Fool you once, shame on me.  Fool you twice, you are my target audience.

Now, before I start, let me explain: The handicapped parking system is brilliant.  I have no beef to chew in relation to the system.  I DO however, have beef to chew with the people who abuse it!  In my experience, that is a rock-solid 92% of the people who hold the placard!!

Does the system work?


LOL, no...  WOW...  I had thought up several examples -  NONE of which I can make fun of.  If there is someone with a handicapped placard that needs it - USE it...  Don't give it to your smoking-hot wife (or husband) allowing them the same convenience that you have!

Why the animosity?


I exited my car today, about 2.534 miles from the grocery store.  I was getting beer.  As I tiredly approached the front doors - automatic doors...  that's the side of town I live on - I saw a woman shoving grocery bags into her SUV.  Did I have beef with her?  YES!  She was in the parking space closest to those automatic doors, rocking the handicapped placard!  She was clearly not handicapped, if you exclude the fact that she had parked in a space reserved for handicapped people!

I was friends with a woman, we will call her kathy, who enjoyed the privilege of a handicapped placard...  Guess what?  She only used it when she needed to park.  (Her name was really Kathy...  I better not go to jail for this)

Final Analysis?


Are we here already?  I feel as if I didn't get enough "rant" out...  Maybe because I am intoxicated again.  I need to stop blogging when this happens.  I will make the next blog more offensive though.

In a perfect world the handicapped placard would make perfect sense.  We are in a world of people who abuse their, well...  EVERYTHING!  You give someone the right to get rockstar parking EVERYDAY of the week...  sir, you have an MTV special.

Do we really need...  MTV???  Possibly another entry?  No.  Who the fuck believes we DO need MTV?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.